Got this recipe for marble cake some time back and I’ve been wanting to try it out and I finally did today! I might have added in a little too much cocoa powder because I really like chocolates so you can add it in according to your preference.
300 grams of self-raising flour
170 grams of unsalted butter
250 grams of sugar
0.5 tsp of salt
2.5 tsp of baking powder
1.5 tsp of vanilla essence
0.5 cup of milk
2.5 tsp of cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Leave aside. ( This is the dry mixture.)
3. Beat the butter and sugar together till soft and fluffy. You could use a food processor or like me, do it by hand! (I really like mixing it on my own though it can get tiring.)
4. Beat the eggs (1 at a time) and vanilla essence into wet mix.
5. Add a third of the dry mixture into the wet mix and stir. Then pour half of the milk in, followed by another third of the dry mix. Pour the remaining half of milk and last third of flour into the mixture. Remember to stir after each addition! Beat till soft and fluffy.
6. Separate the wet mixture into 2 bowls. Add the cocoa powder to one of the bowls and stir. Now you will have a bowl that’s brown and one that’s a light yellow!
7. Prepare your pan to add the batter. You can pour the 2 batters alternatively into the pan to get the marbalized pattern on the cake.
8. Finally, use a toothpick to twirl the batter to marbalize the cake.
9. Leave it to bake in the oven for 30 minutes and it’ll come out soft and yummy!
Remember to leave it to cool and enjoy!